Dad Joke of the Day: What’s America’s favorite soda? Mini soda.
Quote of the Day: If you want the rainbow, you have to tolerate the rain.
Today in History:
– American Airlines Flight 587, on route from New York City to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, crashes shortly after takeoff into the Rockaway neighbourhood of the borough of Queens, killing 260 people on the airplane and several people on the ground.
– German government imposed fine of one billion marks on German Jews, ordered them to pay for all property damage in semi-pogroms of Nov. 10 and 11, barred them from operating retail or mail-order establishments after Jan. 1, 1939, and prohibited them from attending any theatre, concert, or lecture.
– The U.S. space probe Voyager 1 reached the planet Saturn.
November 12th is National…
• French Dip Day – In 1908, Cole’s French Dip originated the sandwich which consists of hot beef or pork on a French roll (cheese is optional). The sandwich is then dipped into au jus for 2-3 seconds allowing the bread to soak up the au jus. National French Dip Day was created in 2018 in honor of the 110th anniversary of their opening in historic downtown Los Angeles.
• Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day – This annual pizza holiday is dedicated to olives, pepperoni, sausage, peppers, and onions…we’ll even go for some ham and pineapple. Just no fishy business or it’s no pizza for you.
• Chicken Soup for the Soul Day – Pick up a book, meditate or go for a long walk, reflect on who you are and your achievements.
The information contained in this post was gleaned from various websites or is available from many public domain sources and in many cases the original author is unknown. I make no claim to ownership or rights.